Note to reader:
The choice of naming higher power as God or Spirit
is the discretion of the volunteer reader.
1) As women, we admit we could act powerless over unhealthy lifestyle choices — that our lives became unmanageable.
2) We came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could introduce us to our authentic self and restore us to sanity.
3) Made a decision to trust in the healing power of God’s (Spirit’s) wisdom and truth, as we understood it.
4) As women, we sought enlightenment of the social forces that influenced our lives and made a searching and fearless moral inventory of our selves.
5) Admitted to God (Spirit), to ourselves, and to a trusted person the exact nature of our suffering and wrongs.
6) We were entirely ready to have God (Spirit) remove any defects of character, including guilt and shame.
7) Humbly asked God (Spirit) to heal us mentally, physically, and spiritually.
8) As women, despite any harm we may have experienced, we made a list of those we had harmed and become willing to make amends to them all.
9) Made direct amends to such people whenever possible, except when to do so would injure them, others, or us.
10) Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong, honestly admitted it.
11) Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God (Spirit) as we understood God (Spirit), praying only for knowledge of God’s (Spirit’s) will for us, and the power to carry that out.
12) Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we carried this message to others and practiced these principles in all our affairs.
Group conscious 08/22/10 and 2/2014